White Stuff is a multi-channel brand with a strong heritage and values. Established in 1985 we have now grown to over 130 shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and home ware. Our original prints, intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
We’re a sociable, talented and like-minded bunch here at White Stuff, proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about our customers. We believe people are at the heart of our business, so we’re committed to building and sustaining a sense of community and togetherness, where everyone feels like they’re part of something special. Creating responsibly is at the heart of everything we do and each of our Shops supports one of its local charities through the White Stuff Foundation.
Primary objective of the job:
Manage the day-to-day core DC operations for our shops and customers working closely with the Team Leaders to ensure operational efficiency. Deliver the needs of the business in a timely, cost effective manner acting as a role model for your team. Maximise White Stuff’s distribution performance by ensuring a highly engaged team with efficient cost effective processes.
This is an evening shift from 2pm to 10pm
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the warehouse Manager to deliver the needs of the business in a timely cost effective manner.
- To lead, motivate, coach and develop managers / team members ensuring engagement is high.
- Carry out regular management reviews
- Monitor and address site sickness / absence.
- Perform investigation / disciplinary processes.
- Manage employee relations.
- Monitor / manage site KPIs.
- Ensure all productivity and quality issues are managed and documented with appropriate actions taken, supporting the management team where necessary.
- Selection, induction and retention of team members.
- Ensure correct resources to manage requirements of the operation, manage daily plan, manage relationship with Agency provider.
- Develop an effective, quality driven, motivated and fully trained team to support the physical operation.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and working practices, ensuring risks are acted on and escalated appropriately.
- Control the security and accuracy of stock on site.
- Roll out any new operational policies and procedures in line with White Stuff.
- Use forecasting tools / data.
- Liaise with internal and external departments to resolve customer issues.
- Complete ad hoc project work / reporting as required.
- Attend and participate in all relevant site meetings.
- Actively promote staff development and training.
- Responsible along with management team for the end to end distribution process.
- Attend and participate in meetings at Head Office as necessary.
- Respond to and resolve issues both timely and accurately.
- To liaise with Head Office and suppliers as and when necessary.
- Work on own initiative, be flexible, hard-working and conscientious with good attention to detail.
- To ensure Warehouse is kept organised, clean and tidy at all times.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent organisational, planning and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good literacy / numerical / analytical skills
- A good working knowledge of WMS.
- An understanding of health and safety regulations
- Honesty and reliability
- A willingness to work on a flexible basis.
- Assured and confident in subject knowledge and approach.
- Team building skills
- A positive can do approach.
- Be diplomatic and approachable.
- To lead by example.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times
- Full driving licence is essential.
- Candidates must be trustworthy and have excellent communication skills
What we will offer you:
As a DC Shift Manger at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.