White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Buyer who can demonstrate the following:
• Previous experience at AB level, managing your own area with an understanding buying calendar and range building process.
• Experience of planning and developing product with Merch and Designer (overseen by Buyer).
• Ability to formulate a clear directional strategy for individual area of responsibility.
• A tenacious, positive attitude with a willingness for continuous improvement in the role, and a desire to develop yourself and junior members of the team.
• Positive & proactive approach to building & maintain strong relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
• Able to identify problems and makes suggestions for improvements/solutions
• Takes accountability to ensure that own and team targets are met.
• Strong analytical & numerical skills with attention to detail.
• Good written & verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible approach to managing high workload & ad hoc tasks.
Primary objective of the job:
The Assistant Buyer will support the Buyer in the management of the order and delivery process. They will also support the Buyer in building the range and this position initially sits within our Menswear team.
What you’ll be doing:
• Presenting product on a regular basis to the Buyer, Merch and senior Management.
Working closely with Buyer, Merchandiser, Designer to ensure Product objectives and Sales plans & are delivered. Influence the range construction using sales information, history, instinct and commercial research.
• Support and input into the team’s objective to build a commercial, balanced, focused range through competitor benchmarking and relevant trend direction in line with the department and division strategic plans.
• Reactive to current trade, to manage risks and maximize opportunities.
• Active influencing within departmental strategy meetings, analyzing sales, commercial feedback, comparative shop reporting to ensure the delivery of driving full price sales, reducing markdown, and appropriate new product opportunities.
• Contribute to team objective of achieving optimum cost-effective negotiation and supplier management.
• Demonstrate high levels of thorough management of the departmental and divisional end to end critical path
• Be fully aware of delivery of goods to the DC and communicate changes to delivery arrangements to the whole team
• Manage the approval of labdips, strike offs and trims to a high standard that delivers the signed off look of each product.
• Contribute to improving products fits, make fit comments when BAA is not available and be able to discuss critical path deadlines in relation to fit approvals/rejections and communicated to suppliers.
• With support of the BAA have responsibility for end to end sample management administrative duties and approvals
• Managing the garment approval process from components to garment sealing,
• Carry out risk assessments in collaboration with the technical team to identify potential issues demonstrating a greater understanding of production techniques and risks.
• Maintain quality control; work with Technologist to ensure the supplier adheres to all White Stuff policies and procedures ensuring legal requirements are met and company standards of labelling and ticketing are followed.
• Work with the Technologist on any quality and delivery issues. Agree actions to be taken after discussions with Technologist, Buying Department and Supplier.
What we will offer you:
As an Experienced Assistant Buyer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
Annual bonus opportunity
Up to 33 days holiday per annum
2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
Interest free season ticket loan
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.