White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
In this role you will be responsible for working alongside the store manager to deliver a great in store experience whilst delivering strong store visual and operational standards and supporting the development and training of our teams.
Customer Service & Sales
- You will be responsible for leading by example, and coaching others where needed, to make sure that our customers feel welcome and are offered excellent customer service.
- Ensuring that Product presentation and Shop visual standards are always excellent.
- Understanding the features (fits, style, fabrics) of our product ranges, promoting these within the team, and explaining these to our customers.
- Responding to customer feedback and queries when needed, ensuring the customer is always happy.
- Awareness of our charity partner and the positive impact this has including supporting and promoting any events or charity promotions.
- A key member of the management team supporting the coordinating promotions, incentives and key trading weeks including Customer Event, seasonal set up, sale launch and promotions as they arise.
- To organise and help co-ordinate the running of the shop through staff management eg Rotageek, prioritising and delegation of duties.
- Responsible for processing deliveries’ efficiently and ensuring that on the shop floor products are replenished and always available for customers.
- Assists in supervision of stock takes and audits to ensure accurate reconciliation.
- Introducing customers to, and championing within the team, multichannel shopping through More Ways to Shop.
- Support with compliance and day to day transactional running of the shop, including necessary paperwork, cashing up and having good operational knowledge of in store systems and processes.
- Show good understanding of policies and procedures and in the absence of the shop manager capable of escalating operational issues and risks to relevant function.
- Understanding the Health & Safety and emergency procedures in store.
Coaching and team leadership
- Assist management in creating a positive atmosphere in the shop which is focused on delivering the best sales and service results.
- A team player and instrumental in Team Briefs, including leading these in management absence to ensure the team are set up with the information and motivation to achieve targets.
- Responsible for delegating tasks to the team appropriately to ensure the day to day running of the shop.
- To seek out opportunities to train and develop the team to support with the efficiency and smooth running of the shop.
- Assist management with the communication and completion of wellbeing initiatives and escalates people queries to relevant management and people team.
- Understanding our approach to Ethical Sourcing and environmental impact to be able to explain this to our customer’s and the team.
As a Customer Host Supervisor at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Quarterly bonus opportunity
- Up to 28 days holiday per annum
- 2 days (paid – contracted hours) per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Annual uniform allowance
- BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.