Continual Improvement Manager - Logistics
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
An experienced individual within the logistics and supply chain sector, you are someone who strives to improve and make a difference.
You are a free thinking individual, with good analytical skills and a proven track record of delivering results through your own or collaborative innovation.
Primary objective of the job:
- To develop the Logistics function of the business to support future growth/changes of the business
- To ensure the Logistics areas are the most cost and service effective they can be
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Global Head of Logistics & Supply Chain to track and optimise productivity & efficiency in all areas of the Supply Chain to ensure we drive down Supply Chain cost to serve
- Supporting existing process within the DC while identifying areas of future opportunities
- Developing Operational reporting to Support Logistics Management in day to day tasks
- Support Logistics, E-com team/Buying/Merchandising on Forecasting Inbound/Outbound flow of stock, ensuring all reporting mechanisms are clear & accurate.
- Ensuring the DC capacity planning is complete and is covered in the short/medium/long term for future growth
- Work alongside the IT team to ensure the development pipeline of change is prioritised and delivered in accordance with scope
- Review site costs & Reporting of costs are documented & measured.
- Support the Operational Management Team on reporting of stock levels/review warehouse capacity/Productivity/Efficiency /CPU/Other reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly /Yearly basis to ensure the DC provides a premium service to the business and costs are in line with expectations
- Benchmarking White Stuff vs external examples and market trends of opportunities
- Work with Buying/Merchandising/E-com team and Head of Logistics to provide timely accurate communication of despatch/resourcing forecasts to the business & DC
- Understand and support delivery of end to end Supply Chain Strategies & objectives
- Participate in Supply Chain Projects & systems implementation & integration improvements
- Ensure effective & timely communication at all levels both internally & externally
- Manage the expectations of the Heads of in relation to Logistics development & reporting.
- Participate in any other activities or carry out any other duties that may be outside of the general remit, which will benefit an individual, Department or Company as a whole
- Manage all relationships to ensure the business is compliant with all current H&S Legislation.
- Develop & Publish necessary reporting to highlight DC/Supply Chain performance
- Publish a period report on performance of department with key recommendations for improvements, Highlighting CPU status.
- Produce a monthly report on performance KPI/ CPU improvements.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills team player, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to drive reporting excellence
- A can do approach that achieves results
- A good collaborator, willing to work with many areas of the business
- Proven operational experience in a similar Retail/3PL sector
- A proven record in Managing & driving Performance & reporting matrix in a DC operation
- Able to demonstrate and discuss confidently improvements in a similar environment in, processes, people management, service improvement and cost reduction/improved efficiency
- Development of KPIs and ensuring the reporting of these are clear & concise
- Proven PC literacy having used Microsoft packages
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Navision or WMS
- Experience in setting and managing budgets
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Project Management skills
- Ideally experience with Bonded Warehousing directly
- Able to promote and manage change
- Effective organisational and time management skills, inclusive of prioritising workload
- Effective influencer and negotiator
- Confident decision making and problem solving
- Able to interpret statistics and data effectively
- An ability to work cross functional with your Peers/Juniors & Seniors
- Strong Leadership with the ability to engage with his/her team
- Qualifications in LEAN/Six Sigma approach advantageous
What we will offer you:
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly/Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
- Distribution Centre
- Continual Improvement Manager
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Contract Term
Continual Improvement Manager - Logistics
Loading application form