Womenswear Designer (Multi Product)
This Job Is No Longer Available
Please see related jobs below or refine your search using the link above
Womenswear Designer (Multi Product)
White Stuff - London, GB
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like-minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly creative and technically experienced Designer to join the Design team at White Stuff. We’re known for our beautiful garments at White Stuff and we're looking for someone to design multi product collections for a lifestyle brand. We are primarily a casual wear brand, and we are looking for someone to cover both the casual aspect of our handwriting, as well as being able to introduce a smarter element to the range.
Primary objective of the job:
To able to deliver a strong collection base handwriting to the brand via multi product..
What you’ll be doing:
- Initial mood and colour input to create new and exciting concepts for range mood boards, colour palettes & key looks reflecting the theme for each story
- Developing a good understanding of the customer and her lifestyle and be aware of any new fashion or lifestyle trends that she may be engaged in.
- Responsible for contributing to the design strategy, identifying, and targeting key potential areas of growth within the market, whilst monitoring emerging trends and delivering newness and innovation.
- Present trends, directions, and ranges clearly and passionately to Heads of and Directors
- Ensure a working knowledge of the product area keeping up to date with sales figures
- Design and development of seasonal collections from initial concept to sign off, working closely with the buyer to create and develop seasonal ranges within the White Stuff handwriting. Attention to detail is key
- Working closely with Garment Tech to form the ranges and attend fit sessions throughout the process
- Attend key trade/fabric shows, develop and source fabrics and trims, adding newness to the ranges and improving the existing product offer, whilst ensuring all products perform well according to the intended end use.
- Work to critical deadlines
- Produce detailed design specs ensuring the correct manufacturer is selected for each style
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers and communicate with manufacturers daily
- Work closely with the design team to ensure a cohesive product range
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience as a womenswear designer in building collection as a whole on cad, specialising in multi-product
- A fashion retail background with an individual and feminine style which matched our brand handwriting
- Credible knowledge of sourcing fabrics and working with suppliers specific to these areas
- To be incredibly creative, highly self-motivated and have a passion for design
- A sound understanding of the White Stuff brand and our customer
- Proficient knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
What we will offer you:
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.