We are looking for an Area Manager to join us and lead our International retail team – currently Germany and Belgium. You will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the shops and concessions are driving sales and maximising profits.
Service is a key part of our customer proposition here at White Stuff, and you will be a inspirational leader to your team of shop, concession and deputy managers, demonstrating positive service, and helping them to achieve their sales and profit targets. You will aid them in analysing their shops performance, as well as coaching and advising them in reacting to business performance.
You will be fully responsible for your teams, and you will effectively plan, anticipate and adjust staffing needs to ensure we are staying commercial.
SOME OF WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
The Financial/ Commercial Performance of international
Delivering sales growth and cost management in line with international strategy and agreed budgets. Support the development of annual budget plans for the area and ensure that shops and concessions achieve agreed KPI’s on sales, payroll, shrinkage, cost and ultimately profit.
Brand, Standards & Service
Ensure we are providing outstanding customer service throughout the region to drive new customer acquisition, repeat purchase and increased loyalty. Leveraging deep understanding of the brand to ensure consistency of brand delivery and that the White Stuff points of difference are a competitive advantage internationally
Implement and maintain robust and efficient operational foundations and consistent daily, weekly and seasonal rhythm and routine in all shops/concessions.
Leading the Team and Building Relationships
Manage, coach and motivate direct reports and deliver outstanding employee engagement, retention and development of key talent. Role model the White Stuff brand values and cultural DNA and ensure embedded within all shops/concessions
Provide local market expertise and insight to drive performance and ensure adaptation in execution, operations and policy where needed to meet customer expectation and comply with local regulations
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong experience of operating stores and concessions within a busy retail shop environment: execution, operations, team management
- Knowledge of German retail market, how to translate a brand internationally, German local regulations and business level English and German language skills
- Track record of driving sales growth, managing costs and delivering exceptional service and standards
- Affinity to, and understanding of, the White Stuff brand
- Able to inspire the shops/concessions teams through strong commercial and communication skills and provide insight, expertise and coaching to improve performance and execution
- A genuine passion for driving customer experience through engagement with the local community
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally including with shops teams, concession partners, UK retail, People team, Finance, Merchandising, IT, Logistics
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, being hands on and being accountable for your results
- Self-starter with excellent time management: identify and manage local opportunities and risks and work remotely without supervision. Manage own time and travel budget to ensure business objectives are met.
- Planning and organising: Ability to build commercial plans and to prioritise across multiple trade and project workstreams. Clearly document trade and individual shop/concession opportunities, risks and actions and be driven to deliver the follow up.
- Brand ambassador: Represent the brand in a professional manner in discussions with concession partners and other third parties
- Willingness to travel to shops and concessions as necessary
- Able to travel to UK and other European markets as required
- Ideally French language skills at business level
Click below to see where our German shops and concessions are based
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now, we would love to hear from you and share further details! If possible please submit your application & CV in English