To be better, to be different and to be original
Senior Print Designer
This Job Is No Longer Available
Please see related jobs below or refine your search using the link above
Senior Print Designer
White Stuff - London, GB
Who we are:
White Stuff is a multi-channel brand with a strong heritage and values. Established in 1985 we have now grown to over 130 shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and home ware. Our original prints, intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
We’re a sociable, talented and like-minded bunch here at White Stuff, proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about our customers. We believe people are at the heart of our business, so we’re committed to building and sustaining a sense of community and togetherness, where everyone feels like they’re part of something special. Creating responsibly is at the heart of everything we do and each of our Shops supports one of its local charities through the White Stuff Foundation.
Who you are:
You’ll be someone who loves recruitment and filling vacancies with a candidate who will be an asset to the White Stuff family. You’ll be motivated to ensure all candidates have the best experience and will strive to work collaboratively with hiring managers.
Primary objective of the job:
To creatively lead the print team and concept and design key handwriting, look and feel of the seasons stories. Working closely with the head of Design to push the boundaries of print and aesthetic whilst keeping true to the brand DNA. To ensure the smooth running of the department, critical path planning, managing the print team and being a great leader and ambassador for the brand. Working in an extremely fast paced and dynamic work environment with a vigorous appetite for great print design.
What you’ll be doing:
Leadership & Management
- Managing the print team, including mentoring more junior team members and sharing knowledge to ensure personal development.
- Being a positive and Pro-active leader and brand ambassador ensuring we live the brand values.
- Presenting and clearly communicating story concepts as well as being involved in meetings.
- Managing the critical path and ensuring all areas (womenswear, menswear, kidswear, loungewear, homewear, swim and beach, printed scarves and collaboration and capsule collections) are allocated time and delegated within the team to ensure smooth running of workload.
- Continually innovating print handwriting
- Concepting ranges to ensure clear direction is given to team members.
- Designing key prints including Artworking (repeats, colour separation and colourways) and liaising with factories and between departments at pace.
- Capturing print process/ development to allow for great conversation online and communication of the story behind prints.
- Communicating the design process to other departments to ensure concepts can be fed down the chain and feed into things like window displays, photography, creative online pieces etc.
What you’ll need:
- Experience managing a team or mentoring/ developing more junior designers.
- Experience presenting ideas and concepts to senior Heads of Departments.
- Extensive experience working in an extremely fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Extensive experience concepting and creating key feelings and collection aesthetic as well as designing into these concepts
- The ability to work fast and do so cleverly to deadline.
- Ability to multi task numerous areas ensuring deadlines are hit without quality/ innovation suffering.
- Excellent photoshop and illustrator skills
- Excellent knowledge of print manufacturing and technical constraints.
- Experience designing for a variety of different product areas including embroidery and knitwear intarsia’s
- A broad and dynamic print handwriting which fits the brand aesthetic.
- Innovating and pushing the boundaries within the role of print as a key part of the brand DNA.
What we will offer you:
As a Recruitment Advisor at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution