White Stuff is a multi-channel brand with a strong heritage and values. Established in 1985 we have now grown to over 130 shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s, men’s and children’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and home ware. Our original prints, intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
We’re a sociable, talented and like-minded bunch here at White Stuff, proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about our customers. We believe people are at the heart of our business, so we’re committed to building and sustaining a sense of community and togetherness, where everyone feels like they’re part of something special.
We are looking for an experienced, talented & passionate Assistant Buyer to join our Buying team here at White Stuff HQ.
WHO YOU ARE
- Previous experience at AB level, managing a multi-product areas ideally with fashion or homeware experience, with an understanding of buying calendar and range building process.
- Experience of planning and developing product ranges with Buyer, Merch and Designer.
- A tenacious, positive attitude with a willingness for continuous improvement in the role, and a desire to develop yourself and junior members of the team.
- Positive & proactive approach to building & maintain strong relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Able to identify problems and makes suggestions for improvements/solutions
- Takes accountability to ensure that own and team targets are met.
- Strong analytical & numerical skills with attention to detail.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible approach to managing high workload & ad hoc tasks.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The Assistant Buyer will support the Buyer in the management of the order and delivery process. They will also support the Buyer in building the range.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing diverse multi product categories
- Presenting product to the Buyer, Merch and Senior Management.
- Working closely with Buyer, Merchandiser & Designer to ensure Product objectives and Sales plans are delivered. Influence the range construction using sales information, history, instinct and commercial research.
- Support and input into the team’s objective to build a commercial, balanced, focused range through competitor benchmarking and relevant trend direction in line with the department and division strategic plans.
- Reactive to current trade, to manage risks and maximize opportunities.
- Active influencing within departmental strategy meetings, analyzing sales, commercial feedback, comparative shop reporting to ensure the delivery of driving full price sales, reducing markdown, and appropriate new product opportunities.
- Contribute to team objective of achieving optimum cost-effective negotiation and supplier management.
- Managing order process through accurately confirming and processing supplier order details and managing key dates in the supply process with the department/technologist/supplier and DC
- Create thorough trim sheets and ensure quality trims are delivered on the product.
- Responsible for ordering, delivering, reporting on high quality SMS samples for all ranges to ensure timely delivery.
- Handover SMS samples and present range to the wholesale team
- Fully managing progress of deliveries into Distribution Centre and communicating any changes and information promptly
- Manage the approval of labdips, strike offs and trims to a high standard
- Attend x 2 weekly fit sessions and contribute to improving products fits
- With support of the BAA have responsibility for end to end sample management and other administrative duties, packaging sign off, supplier set up, and product attributing.
- Managing the garment approval process from components to garment sealing,
- Carry out risk assessments in collaboration with the technical team to identify potential issues demonstrating a greater understanding of production techniques and risks.
- Maintain quality control; work with Technologist to ensure the supplier adheres to all White Stuff policies and procedures ensuring legal requirements are met and company standards of labelling and ticketing are followed.
- Understand who the White Stuff target customer is and the instore experience has on our product decision making. Ensure that customers are at the heart of all decisions taken.
- Oversee work of BAA and their development through active support and coaching.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As an Assistant Buyer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution