White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Who you are:
The successful Financial Accountant will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA) with relevant financial experience who strives to deliver continuous improvement. You must be a good communicator, have strong analytical skills and above all timely, attention to detail and technically sound.
Primary objective of the job:
- As part of the Financial Accounting team, the role will be varied and will be primarily across financial accounts, management accounts, year-end and Tax and VAT reporting requirements.
- White Stuff is across 3 main channels, Shops, Online and Wholesale, predominantly in UK and EU.
- Outside of the UK, Germany is our main market for shops, concessions, online and wholesale.
- As a result it makes the legal and tax set up an interesting and diverse experience and provides a wide range of regulatory reporting requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
Management Accounts and Budgets
Responsible for preparation of multiple head-office departments budget, monthly management accounts (journals and commentary) and business partnering / stakeholder management
Ensuring challenge, rigor, completeness, variance analysis and keep to deadlines. Identify risks and opportunities
Play a key part in the planning and delivery of our annual accounts and the year end audit
Accountable for the same various head-office departments and overheads cost categories, month end close, balance sheet reconciliations
Responsible for the completion of multiple international VAT returns, EC sales and intrastat submission due monthly and quarterly throughout the year. Ensuring high accuracy and attention to detail with each return to meet compliance regulations.
Assisting the Senior Financial Accounts Manager with year end tax compliance and tax accounts.
International VAT returns, intrastat, EC sales, updating for any changes in local requirements. Including impact of Brexit and new 1 July 2021 rules. Coordinate with local 3rd party Tax advisers where appropriate
Prepare and submit Branch annual accounts
Property, utilities and rent accounting
Balance sheet reconciliations
Adhoc support and projects to Senior Financial Accounts Manager and Group FC
What you’ll need:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACC or equivalent) with relevant 2+ years PQE experience
- Retail and B2C international experience (preferable)
- Financial Accountant experience (essential)
- Accounting and Financial Management - apply financial knowledge and accounting to commercial and operational areas
- Communication - being able to communicate, negotiate and influence colleagues at all levels
- Relationship building - being able to develop effective relationships that help drive business success
- Comfortable with getting up to speed with the company, processes and making a difference
- Results Focused - Delivers work end to end to conclusion in a planned and controlled manner
- IT skills - Ability to navigate and understand accounting systems and intermediate-Advanced Excel skills. System is Microsoft NAV
What we will offer you:
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum (pro-rata for the duration of the contract)
- Annual bonus opportunity (pro-rata for the duration of the contract, under company bonus scheme)
- 1 paid day off to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount on White Stuff clothing.
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution