White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer with 2-3 years' experience to work in a highly creative in-house team.
You’ll be skilled in producing precise and visually appealing artwork across both print and digital platforms for various purposes (packaging, textiles, web, social media etc.).
You are fun, flexible and a great communicator, and will be comfortable producing designs for all areas of the business, from packaging to internal communications and seasonal POS to marketing collateral.
Primary objective of the job:
As part of the Creative Design team you will be supporting the team across all disciplines, taking designs and artwork from their conception and perfecting them before final sign-off.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working in a fast paced environment, artwork needs to be prepared technically and accurately for both printed and digital media.
- Work closely with and support the creative team by taking designs and artwork from their conception and perfecting them before final sign-off.
- Work directly with stakeholders, join creative meetings and be part of the creative process.
- Create original digital assets and templates to size and scale. Adapt existing artwork to alternative layouts and/or formats.
- You’ll be supporting the Creative Team across all disciplines, so you must be highly skilled in both graphics and artworking as day-to-day work requires this in equal measure.
- You will be using a variety of design skills; strong layout and typographical skills are a must, but we’ll need you to be competent in creating 2D and 3D visuals using Photoshop and Illustrator (mainly for packaging projects) whilst demonstrating a good visual eye for design.
- Ideas need to be executed in a timely and brand-appropriate way, so you will be happy to manage your workload and take ownership of your own deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring your quality of work is kept to our high standard. For larger projects, you’ll be expected to work with your manager to work through the process of collecting information, materials and timelines to reviewing and approving final proofs from printers; attention to detail must be second to none.
- You must be able to translate specifications into production artwork and should be comfortable reviewing and discussing artwork specifications with outside vendors as required.
- You should use knowledge of competitors and current trends to ensure creative work has a point of difference and stands out from the high street.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 years' Graphic Design experience
- Fashion Retail experience is desirable - although not essential
- Adobe Creative Suite - specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat, Sketch (not essential)
- Strong attention to detail and ensure all work is tidy and well-structured.
- Comfortable in every part of the design process; from concept creation to execution, and be excited to get involved in a wide variety of projects
- A get up and go attitude who wants to get stuck in to an ever-evolving retail brand.
- Microsoft Office, especially Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
What we will offer you:
As a Junior Designer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution