We are seeking a part time Customer Host Supervisor to join our new exciting pop up Shop in Newcastle on a fixed term contract of 3 months.
The Customer Host Supervisor role supports the team in ensuring we are leading the way in being a sociable retailer, through ensuring that our customers have the best experience in our shops. This position leads shifts in the absence of management and will be 60% of the Customer Host responsibilities, and 10% of each of the following: Coaching, Communication, Coordination and Operational Support.
• Leading by example, and coaching others where needed, to make sure that our customers feel welcome and at home in our shops
• Ensuring that the Product and Shop standards are excellent at all times in line with latest VM guide and directives
• Utilising the Dwell areas in our shops to provide a homely, sociable space
• Coordinating the team to ensure the right zones or areas of the shop are covered
• Leading by example, and coaching others where needed, to suggest the right products and outfits for our customers
• Understanding the features of our products, promoting these within the team, and explaining these to our customers
• Processing delivery’s and ensuring that the shop floor products replenished and available for customers
• Assists in stock take to ensure accurate reconciliation
• Championing customer service in store by having meaningful and memorable conversations with our customers
• Picking up on Customer behaviour to ensure that we are meeting the customer’s needs
• Promoting company tools, eg Magalogue, Window Schemes to ensure the team engages with our customer
• Responding to customer complaints and queries when needed, escalating to management if required
• Introducing customers to, and championing within the team, multichannel shopping through More Ways to Shop
• Compiling customer information, in line with data protection regulations, when completing the purchase
• Assist management in creating a positive atmosphere in the shop which is focused on delivering results
• Sharing local knowledge with our customers and teams; what’s on in the area?
• Key member of the team to support coordinating Events, including Customer Event
• Is a team player and instrumental in Team Briefs, including leading these in management absence to ensure the team are set up with the information and motivation to achieve targets
• Awareness, and communication to the team, of some of the shops Key Performance Indicators
• Support with compliance and day to day transactional running of the shop, including necessary paperwork, cashing up and having good operational knowledge of systems in store
• Supports the team and escalates people queries to relevant management
• Have understanding and knowledge of policies and procedures, including H&S and compliance, in store and in the absence of management, escalate operational issues and risks to relevant management.
• In the absence of management in store, delegating tasks to the team to ensure the day to day running of the shop
• Understanding the relationship with the local charity partner, and able to share this with our Customers and the team
• Actively takes part in and champions charity events happening in their shop
• Awareness of the Made for Change products and the positive impact this has
• Understanding our approach to Ethical Sourcing to be able to explain this to our Customers and the team
• Understanding the safety and emergency procedures in store
• Living our Values and championing these within the team