WHO WE ARE
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We are sociable, talented and like-minded and we are not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a Lead Front-End Developer to join our Technology team, reporting to the Head of Technology. You will work closely with our e-Commerce, Creative and Design and Technology teams to deliver exciting new features and improvements for the 1000s of customers who visit our website every day.
A great team player, you need to have an eye for detail (including UX and web standards) and a true ‘problem solver’ mentality with a constant focus on the customer experience.
You need to be able work on your own and as part of a wider team. The role would suit someone who thrives in an environment that is supportive, enthusiastic, and sociable.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
White Stuff has embarked on a multi-year business transformation programme to support delivery of our ambitious growth plans and to expand our digital footprint in the UK and worldwide.
As Lead Front End Developer, you will play a key role in delivering this substantial change on www.whitestuff.com, helping us to become more digitally aligned and customer focussed.
We are planning exciting new features and enhancements, including personalisation and projects such as CMS and searchandise in the next 12 months and beyond.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A passion to deliver the best customer digital experience by creating quality solutions that support the business requirements and an understanding that even the smallest detail can have a significant impact
- Ability to write clean, well-formatted code
- Source control (Git) & a good understanding of Webpack / Gulp would be beneficial
- Experience of working in an Agile framework alongside the wider Development team (Kanban)
- Recommend best practice implementations and driving the Technology roadmap with other Developers
- Experience of working with an A/B testing platform (for example Optimizely, Optimize 360)
- Experience in cross-browser/device testing to ensure that test delivery is bug-free
- Knowledge of e-Commerce platforms such as Intershop, BazaarVoice and Exponea is beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As a Lead Front Developer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution