White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Are you a self-starter; commercially minded with strong business partnering skills?
If you are looking for an opportunity to benefit from an experienced team and develop your career as an Analyst in an established but evolving cross-channel retailer, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone to work very closely with the Commercial FP&A Manager to provide support on all channels, responsible for providing varied support to the FP&A Finance team in reporting, budgeting and month end management accounts processes as well as day to day ad hoc analysis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of Monday trade reports, ensure all reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner,
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly trade reporting and ensure reports are distributed on time and accurately reported,
- Assist the FP&A Manager to co-ordinate and update the monthly Board pack,
- Support the FP&A Finance Manager on ad hoc trade analysis including performance of Trading events like Sale.
- Update the weekly view of sales, stock and margin. Work with Merchandising to ensure ongoing view is up to date.
- Run and complete initial review of P&L reports for Retail stores ensuring postings are complete and variances are analysed for review with FP&A Finance Manager,
- Assist FP&A Finance Manager in updating the monthly management accounts pack,
- Monthly reconciliation of accruals and prepayment balance sheet accounts.
- Work closely with FP&A Manager to provide analysis and support to the Retail stores including setting incentive targets and measuring performance, monitoring store profitability.
Budget & Forecasting
- Support the FP&A Finance Manager with the bi-annual budgeting process, updating and preparing budget models.
- Work closely with the FP&A Finance Manager on updating cost budgets and reforecasts, working alongside key budget holders and stakeholders.
Ad Hoc/Business Partnering
- Process improvements including simplifying spreadsheets and reviewing current processes to be more efficient.
- Provide support to Commercial team in producing insight and analysis to support Business Stakeholders.
- Become team key point of contact and trainer on the Reporting Tool TargIT.
- Providing business support on projects/business initiatives where necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Experience in an analytical capacity in a retail/e-commerce environment (essential)
- Studying towards an Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA equivalent)
- Advanced excel skills (sumifs, V & H lookups, IF functions, etc)
- Strong communication, stakeholder management skills and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and deadline driven
- Resilience to work under pressure and adapt to new situations, systems and processes in a fast-paced retail environment
- Attention to detail, but able to see the bigger picture
- Experience using Reporting tools (desirable)
What we will offer you:
As a Finance Analyst at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.