This Job Is No Longer Available
Please see related jobs below or refine your search using the link above
White Stuff - London, GB
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
You’ll be an enthusiastic and ambitious designer graduate looking to further your career in the fashion industry. You will have completed a textile related degree and will preferably have completed a placement within a similar company.
Primary objective of the job:
You will assist the design team with researching trends and current fashions, buy fabrics and pull together accessories to complement created pieces.
What you’ll be doing:
· Assisting with Garment CAD’s - It is important that you will be proficient on Adobe Illustrator to create flat Garment CAD’s that can be filled with print & colour. This will also include assisting with CAD’s for our Wholesale Team / creating range plans & adding garment names with item codes to hand over for their look book for Wholesale customers.
· Helping to keep range sheets up to date after Range Review Sign Off meetings
· Assisting with print artworks, amends & recolours – you will need to have a good understanding of Adobe Photoshop to assist with print artworks.
· Assisting with worksheeting print artworks/simple garment worksheets for suppliers
· Creating print pages (of all prints designed) for each collection/season for easy reference.
· Liaising with factories to check on sampling status for our proto samples.
· Research for our Womenswear & Accessories collections (shapes, colour, print, trims, details etc).
· Collating and keeping an up-to-date colour/Pantone references for each collection & assuring that they are available to everyone.
· Keeping an up-to-date record of any Photographs taken of Collections after Range Review Sign Off meetings for future reference
· Keeping an up-to-date record of all Bought Samples and Bought Prints
· General admin including ordering stationary/paper and post being sent out to suppliers - keeping records of AWB numbers for tracking.
What you’ll need:
· Preferably experience in Adobe Illustrator
· Adobe Illustrator Preferably a design experience & knowledge
· Good organizational skills
· Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Please send a portfolio to support your application
What we will offer you:
As a Design Assistant/intern at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly/Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.