We are looking for someone to work very closely with the Commercial Finance Manager to provide support on all channels. You will be responsible for providing varied support to the Commercial Finance team in reporting, budgeting and month end management accounts processes as well as day to day ad hoc analysis.
The role will give someone wanting to develop as a commercially focused analyst the opportunity to do so in an established but growing cross-channel retailer in a fun and friendly work environment.
Due to the nature of the role it is required to start at 8am on Mondays.
What you’ll be doing:
• Ownership of Monday trade reports, ensure all reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
• Prepare and distribute the weekly competitor analysis
• Maintain daily, weekly and monthly trade reporting and ensure reports are distributed on time and accurately reported
• Co-ordinate and update the monthly Board pack
• Support the Senior Finance Commercial Analyst on ad hoc trade analysis
• Run and complete initial review of P&L reports for Retail stores, head office departments and Distribution Centre, ensuring postings are complete and variances are analysed for submission in the month end management accounts pack
• Co-ordinate and update the monthly management accounts pack
• Monthly reconciliation of accruals and prepayment balance sheet accounts
Budget & Forecasting
• Business partnering with multiple cost centers including but not limited to Contact centre, Retail Operations, Wholesale and Visual Merchandising.
• Support the Commercial Finance Manager with the bi-annual budgeting process
• Work closely with the Senior Finance Commercial Analyst on producing the Retail cost budgets and reforecasts
• Work closely with the Senior Finance Commercial Analyst on providing analysis and support to the Retail stores
• Support the Commercial Finance team on ad hoc analysis
• Providing business support on projects/business initiatives where necessary
• Ongoing business process improvements
What you’ll need:
• Studying towards an Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA equivalent)
• Advanced excel skills (sumifs, V & H lookups, IF functions, etc)
• Experience working with management accounts
• Experience working in an analytical role
• Experience with financial modelling
• Commercial acumen
• Preferred experience in retail or e-commerce
• Strong communication, stakeholder management skills and influencing skills
• Self-motivated and deadline driven
• Resilience to work under pressure and adapt to new situations, systems and processes in a fast paced retail environment
• Attention to detail, but able to see the bigger picture
• Experience using Targit Reporting tool seen as desirable