Senior Financial Accountant
This Job Is No Longer Available
Please see related jobs below or refine your search using the link above
Senior Financial Accountant
White Stuff - London, GB
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
The successful Senior Financial Accountant will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA) with relevant financial experience who strives to deliver continuous improvement. You must be a good communicator, have strong analytical skills and above all timely, attention to detail and technically sound.
Primary objective of the job:
As part of the Financial Accounting team, the role will be varied and will be primarily across financial accounts, management accounts, year-end and Tax and VAT reporting requirements.
White Stuff is across 3 main channels, Shops, Online and Wholesale, predominantly in UK and EU. Outside of the UK, Germany is our main market for shops, concessions, online and wholesale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for preparation of multiple head-office departments budget, monthly management accounts (journals and commentary) and business partnering / stakeholder management
- Ensuring challenge, rigor, completeness, variance analysis and keep to deadlines. Identify risks and opportunities with both a historic and forecast mindset
- Play a key part in the planning and delivery of our annual accounts and the year end audit
- Accountable for the same various head-office departments and overheads cost categories, month end close, balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide support to wider Financial Accounts team on other year-end areas
- Responsible for the completion of multiple international VAT returns, EC sales and intrastat submission due monthly and quarterly throughout the year. Ensuring high accuracy and attention to detail with each return to meet compliance regulations.
- Assisting the Senior Financial Accounts Manager with year end tax compliance and tax accounts.
- International VAT returns, intrastat, EC sales, updating for any changes in local requirements. Including impact of Brexit and new 1 July 2021 rules. Coordinate with local 3rd party Tax advisers where appropriate
- Prepare and submit Branch annual accounts
- Property, utilities and rent accounting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
What you’ll need:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACC or equivalent) with relevant 2+ years PQE experience
- Retail and B2C international experience (preferable)
- Financial Accountant experience (essential)
- Accounting and Financial Management - apply financial knowledge and accounting to commercial and operational areas
- Results Focused - Delivers work end to end to conclusion in a planned and controlled manner
- IT skills - Ability to navigate and understand accounting systems and intermediate-Advanced Excel skills. System is Microsoft NAV
What we will offer you:
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum (pro-rata for the duration of the contract)
- Annual bonus opportunity (pro-rata for the duration of the contract, under company bonus scheme)
- 1 paid day off to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount on White Stuff clothing.
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.