White Stuff is a multi-channel brand with a strong heritage and values. Established in 1985 we have now grown to over 130 shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and home ware. Our original prints, intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
We’re a sociable, talented and like-minded bunch here at White Stuff, proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about our customers. We believe people are at the heart of our business, so we’re committed to building and sustaining a sense of community and togetherness, where everyone feels like they’re part of something special. Creating responsibly is at the heart of everything we do and each of our Shops supports one of its local charities through the White Stuff Foundation
What you’ll be doing:
- Adherence and development of H&S culture on site
- Responsible for improvements and developments of H&S
- Responsible for site maintenance and associated regulations to be followed
- Responsible for the total site security, and associated contracts
- Responsible for development and maintenance of the QHSE systems
- Contact person for the various certification companies and accredited bodies
- Play an activate role engaging, presenting, and training of internal stakeholders
- Responsible for the site and contract management of all associated manual handling equipment and machinery
- Procure and manage the site ECG plans and improvements around waste management, recycling etc
- Challenging the status quo, and prepared to drive cultural change within the existing team
- Scope, plan and implement risk management improvement strategies and initiatives
- Work with stakeholders in the business to line up the site strategy to the business strategy on H&S , colleague welfare
What you’ll need:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Assured and confident in subject knowledge and approach.
- A positive can-do approach.
- Be diplomatic and approachable.
- NEBOSH qualified
- At least 3 years’ experience on managing H&S and site facilities
- Negotiation skills and contract management experience
- Attention to detail
- Change oriented person
What we will offer you:
As a QHSE Manger at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% staff discount on White Stuff clothes
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.