We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Buyer to join the team. This position sits at Competency Level Two to Level Three within our White Stuff Buying Competency Framework as an experienced Assistant Buyer.
The Assistant Buyer supports the Buyer in the management of the order and delivery process. They will also support the Buyer in building the range and this position initially sits within our Knitwear team.
What you’ll be doing:
• Manage your own category under the guidance of a Buyer. Responsible for planning initial strategy with merch and design through to delivering a range within Buy Meetings.
• Presenting product and delivering own area on a regular basis to the Buyer, Merch and senior Management.
• Working closely with Buyer, Merchandiser, Designer to ensure Product objectives and Sales plans & are delivered.
• Influence the range construction using sales information, history, instinct and commercial research.
• Support and input into the team’s objective to build a commercial, balanced, focused range through competitor benchmarking and relevant trend direction in line with the department and division strategic plans.
• Reactive to current trade, to manage risks and maximize opportunities.
• Active influencing within departmental strategy meetings, analysing sales, commercial feedback, comparative shop reporting to ensure the delivery of driving full price sales, reducing markdown, and appropriate new product opportunities.
• Contribute to team objective of achieving optimum cost effective negotiation and supplier management.
• Negotiate cost prices under guidance of Buyer showing a greater understanding of the costing process to ensure margins are delivered with the best product delivery.
What you’ll need:
• Previous experience at AB level, managing a Multi-product area with experience of area of responsibility.
• Experience of planning and developing product with Merch and Designer (overseen by Buyer).
• Ability to formulate a clear directional strategy for individual area of responsibility.
• A tenacious, positive attitude
• Willingness for continuous improvement in the role, and a desire to develop.
• Ensure that customers are at the heart of all decisions taken.
• Accuracy and attention to detail related to product, process and systems.
• Positive & proactive approach to building & maintain strong relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
• Able to identify problems and makes suggestions for improvements/solutions
• Takes accountability to ensure that own and team targets are met.
• Adaptable & open to trying new ideas or ways of doing things.
• Ability to work cross departmental within womenswear, from range building through to trading and sharing of knowledge and information.
• Passion for womenswear product.
• Strong analytical & numerical skills.
• Good written & verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized, self-motivated, flexible approach to managing high workload & ad hoc tasks.
• Passion to coach & mentor junior team members.
• Team orientated.