White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like-minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced designer who is passionate about managing a small team to deliver creative excellence at pace. You will be driven by a desire to constantly improve brand expression through better design; you’ll have a deep understanding of digital design best practice and you’ll also have an understanding of offline design.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
As a Senior Digital Designer for White Stuff, your main responsibility is executing the design of all digital campaigns and content, as well as refining and developing the user journey, wireframes, and UX / UI design.
Working under direction from the Creative Lead, you will be accountable for delivering knock-out creative work with a consistent brand handwriting across web, social, editorial and marketing touchpoints. As we accelerate our digital journey we want to ensure we are at the leading edge of customer experience and digital content so a keen understanding of brand in a direct-to-customer channel is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the design process from creative development to sign off for all digital design.
- Ensure all design work across digital and print is executed with creative flair, at pace and to the required brand standards and guidelines.
- Lead the design team in refining and developing the customer journey, working with responsive wire frames to design and execute.
- Create UI/UX focused website developments on projects such as navigation, PLP, PDP and checkout.
- Demonstrate the highest design standards for all channels and touchpoints, and motivate others to display the same.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the brand, the customer, and the commercial objectives when responding to briefs – and develop this within the team.
- Have a good understanding of digital technology including the back-end systems and functionality along with working with front and back end developers.
- Have a good understanding of concepting and production of moving image.
- Constantly maintain awareness of new trends in design, on and off-line, and how these can be appropriately applied to the brand.
- Manage multiple briefs and communicate progress accurately to wider teams.
- Lead projects on site development from a UX/UI stand point and feel confident to pitch the wider team on projects and ideas.
- Support and mentor the design team with projects and personal development.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As Senior Digital Designer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution