White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
You will have a passion and enthusiasm for product and a keen interest in our product categories, especially Menswear. You’ll have the ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced environment both in the office and from home. It’s essential to have a keen eye for detail and accuracy and you need to have amazing time management, communication, and organizational skills.
Primary objective of the job:
As a Level 1 Assistant Merchandiser at White Stuff, you will support the Merchandiser to plan and trade the department. You will think commercially and innovatively in order to maximise sales and profit, and minimise markdown.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to departmental Merchandising planning and trading strategy, with the customer and brand in mind.
- Supports Merchandiser in development of seasonal department strategy, which reflects company strategy and maximises department profit performance.
- Set up department planning WSSIs for the season under guidance of the Merchandiser.
- Support the Merchandiser in planning core business from top line through to line card level.
- Manage the right stock at the right time through the business
- Collate and produce weekly trade analysis for department to support in delivery maximum profit for the season, irrespective of fluctuating trends, retail climate and internal and external circumstances.
- Responsible for rolling monthly WSSI packs. Re-forecast department WSSI, Category Cards and line cards to review sales, stock and markdown and intake. Completes monthly margin roll in line with WSSI submit.
- Produce markdown and promotion costing. Calculate uplifts and impact on margin.
- Regularly review size ratios and make recommendations for buy ratios and balance backs.
- Managing the workload of the department MAA.
- Support Merchandise function in delivery of training for MAA’s and new Assistant Merchandisers
What you’ll need:
- Currently working as an entry level Assistant Merchandiser or a Senior MAA, ideally within the retail industry
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness with an understanding of consumer trends and competitors
- Ability to proactively manage workload, prioritising and delegating when necessary
- Communicate accurately, clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally
- Good ability to problem solve
- Strong team working skills, able to build positive cross-functional relationships
- Initiative and good decision-making skills
- Experience mentoring an Allocator or Merchandising Admin Assistant, with the ability to develop and coach others is preferred but not essential
- Excellent PC skills, to include Excel (intermediate to advanced)
What we will offer you:
As an Assistant Merchandiser at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.