White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
We are seeking an experienced, analytical & commercially minded Senior Finance Analyst, with strong communication & business partnering skills. We are looking for someone to work very closely with the FP&A Finance Controller to manage (commercial) month end and produce monthly management accounts, whilst also providing support on improving current processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ownership of Monday trade reports, ensure all reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner,
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly trade reporting and ensure reports are distributed on time and accurately reported,
- Incentive reporting for Retail.
- Run and complete review of P&L reports for Retail stores ensuring postings are complete and variances are analysed for review with FP&A Finance Controller,
- Produce monthly analyses for stakeholders, such as retail payroll, margin and cost opportunities
- Have monthly meetings with the stakeholders to feed back monthly performance and establish the future view,
- Update the monthly management accounts pack,
- Monthly reconciliation of accruals and prepayment balance sheet accounts.
Budget & Forecasting
- Support the FP&A Finance Controller with the bi-annual budgeting process, updating budget models.
- Support the functions and stakeholders to provide robust forecasts on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the stakeholders have a thorough understanding of their Sales & Margins and/or cost drivers and work with them to ensure company alignment
- Complete the ONS (Office for National Statistics) data on a monthly basis,
- Own the BRC data on a weekly/monthly basis
- Suggesting process improvements where the business could benefit
What you’ll need:
- Experience in a similar role within a retail business
- Accounting qualification
- Advanced excel skills (sumifs, V & H lookups, IF functions, etc)
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with non-finance senior stakeholders in the business, in respect to monthly performance and forecast/budgets
- The ability to work as part of a team and business partner with other functions in order to ensure that finance are an integral part of their decision making processes
- Self-motivated, organised and deadline driven
- Resilience to work under pressure and adapt to new situations, systems and processes in a fast-paced retail environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience using Reporting tools seen as desirable
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.