White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like-minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced digital designer with a desire to constantly improve brand expression through better design; you’ll have an understanding of digital design best practice and you’ll also have a range of offline design experience and work well within a small team. Not afraid to share and pitch new ideas along with collaborating with different team members.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
As a Digital Designer for White Stuff, your main responsibility is the creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital work adhering to the White Stuff brand hand writing and pushing the envelope of what can be achieved digitally to drive the brand forward. This can be anything from responsive sites with banners, new features, web developments across desktop, tablet and mobile. To email design all the way though to social content ideas and design. It involves working closely with Marketing, Developers and the Ecom Department to deliver the best 360 digital approach.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the day to day execution of digital output, with key focus on the website and emails.
- Support in the continuous improvement of White Stuff’s website – constantly refining and improving the customer experience, whilst increasing conversation and brand image.
- The full project lifecycle – from brief to design to usability and overlooking the build of designs with development team.
- Following direction from the Lead/Senior Designer and working with the broader Creative team to conceptualise seasonal campaigns
- Working collaboratively with Developers and Ecom Department to deliver digital output of the highest quality and to brief as well as understanding front and back end functionality
- Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture and engaging with the wider digital creative community
- Manage multiple briefs and communicate progress accurately teams with respecting deadlines
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to teams
- Understanding of UX/UI and interaction best practises.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Relevant industry experience with an e-commerce fashion brand or agency that has had similar clients
- Experience in designing cutting-edge websites, interfaces and/or digital campaigns (including affiliate banners, site updates, emails, ad hoc design tasks)
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts and highly considered visual executions
- Expertise in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Video Editing a bonus)
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, colour and grid structures
- High attention to detail
- Solid level of understanding of wireframing, UK, end to end customer journey.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships in the wider business; eg. Brand and E-Comm team
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As a Digital Designer at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid Working
- Annual Bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution