Garment Admin Assistant
This Job Is No Longer Available
Please see related jobs below or refine your search using the link above
Garment Admin Assistant
White Stuff - London, GB
White Stuff are looking for an assistant technician to join us on a 12 month internship working within the quality and sourcing team.
Under the guidance of a senior/garment technician you will be responsible for the technical departments admin and the business systems data relating to the production specifications and legal requirements. On the job training will be given through all the stages of the product cycle, from design through to the delivery in shops and online.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting the senior/garment technician with the compiling specifications for design packs
- Assisting with the analysis and approval of test reports and Care Label sign off
- Deal in a timely manner with all supplier queries relating to Test Report Approval, Care Labels & Shipment Approvals
- Work closely with White Stuff QC department at the Distribution Centre (DC) to ensure specifications and shipment samples are dispatched from HQ in time for the DC delivery
- Maintain effective internal and external communication with members of buying, design, production, merchandising departments as well as suppliers to ensure critical path is maintained.
- Responsible for department admin involving systems data input comprising of fibre composition, wash care and garment measurements.
- Working with internal and external wholesale stake holders to ensure systems are updated to meet key deadlines for all technical information, i.e. specifications, fibre comp, wash care, C.O.O for QVC, M&S etc.
- Supporting tech manager on ethical admin, communicating with external contacts at Fairtrade, Lenzing, etc. following up with suppliers for sustainability certifications
- Monitor returns and provide feedback.
- In depth training will be given on
- Test report analysis and White Stuff requirements
- Care label legal & White Stuff requirement
- White Stuff systems
- External partner systems
- You will be given the chance to join fit sessions and may be asked to take notes and photographs to assist the garment technician with compiling garment reports. All fit sessions will be under the guidance of a senior garment technician
- DC visits to understand how the product arrives into the business and the quality control checking process
- How to measure a fit model, recording measurements and updating garment technician team of any changes
What you’ll need:
- Some knowledge of garment construction and quality
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with all levels of the business is essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a ‘hands on’ approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high levels of motivation
- Applicants must have excellent analytical skills, the ability to work to deadlines
Please note, this is a salaried 12 month placement with a mixture of remote and office work. There will also be a need to travel to the DC in Leicester.