We are seeking a Loss Prevention Manager to join the finance team, and ensure that White Stuff accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of loss prevention.
This position is based in our office in Kennington, London although does require field work to include shop visits throughout the UK and Europe.
You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and an ability to coach individuals to perform to the company’s expectations. Excellent communication skills at all levels are essential as is the ability to problem solve, think creatively and influence stakeholders. You will be required to come up with ways to identify areas of risk, raise awareness and develop new procedures. Ideally you will have a sound knowledge of GDPR, PCI and accounting procedures.
What you’ll be doing:
• Responsibility for all loss prevention initiates across over 130 shops and 30 concessions in the UK and Europe.
• Duties will include plenty of travel and the supervision of stock takes and completion of shop audits
• Develop and supervise the company loss prevention assistant who works remotely conducting the shop stock takes and is the face of loss prevention in the field
• Maintain and build on the loss prevention intranet pages on an internal social web platform to maintain the affective communication of security awareness.
• Support, motivate and train retail colleagues raising loss prevention awareness
• To improve processes, develop a clear strategy to deliver awareness of loss prevention in shops and support retail operations in the production of new training material.
• Carry out shop audits in line with the audit program and prepare reports, making recommendations as necessary and dispatching copies to the appropriate level of management.
• Build a reporting format which will provide detailed information of operational non-compliance and highlight any risk at any one time.
• Provide follow-up and support to shop managers to ensure that the highest standards of compliance are achieved consistently.
• Build on the relationship with our Loss Prevention Champions (by area) and develop new ways of working.
• Monitor all stock movement, ensuring that our system stock is in-line with physical inventory.
• Respond to queries pertaining to deliveries, transfers and general stock movements from all departments.
• Develop accurate, consistent enhancements to the inventory and loss reporting
• Produce up-to-the- minute information using the stock management system, Dynamics Navision.
• Complete transactional analysis and highlight any exceptions for investigation. High value refunds, discount abuse, petty cash spend etc.
• Perform inventory adjustments and month end stock write off’s.
• Preparation of month end reconciliation of stock account balances including stock loss, stock
• Administer programmes to better maintain inventory controls.
What you’ll need:
• Strong management skills will be required to ensure both yourself and your direct report remain motivated, engaged, focused on priorities, and that controls remain in place
• Relationship building – being able to develop effective relationships that help drive business success, particularly with non-Finance stakeholders, particularly collaborating with Retail Teams
• Communication – being able to communicate, negotiate and influence colleagues at all levels, particularly across departments.
• Lead process improvements and implementation of change processes with the team
• Possess analytical, statistical and numeracy skills with attention to detail
• It is essential to have a high level of awareness, observation and listening skills
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Flexible approach with the willingness to travel and stay away from home as required.
• A self-starter and able to work remotely with discretion and professionalism and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Able to challenge the status quo
• Determined and able to stay positive
• High levels of Excel knowledge
• Resilience – the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced and busy retail environment
• Someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things done as required.
• JET reporting
• Navision Dynamics Finance System