A great opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join an exciting and growing business that will empower and develop an individual that is up for a challenge.
The role includes:
– managing a direct report (Banking & Assistant Financial Accountant);
– oversight of all cash and banking activities;
– ownership of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales (including International returns);
– key part in the year end and statutory accounting, including relationship with the auditors;
– management accounting responsibilities including budgeting and month end review; and
– ad hoc projects and driving retail business processes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Fixed Assets and Capital Expenditure
• To maintain the fixed asset register by accounting for additions, disposals, calculating depreciation, and reconciling to the nominal ledger
• Deliver suite of fixed asset reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
• To monitor, review and analyse capital expenditure. This includes review and reporting of on-going projects, analysis of closed projects versus original specifications & budget, and improving and bringing efficiencies to the overall capital expenditure process
• As part of the Annual Tax Computation, to maintain and prepare capital allowances
• Ownership of monthly trial balance and balance sheet
• Prepare monthly manual journal review and commentary
• Business partnering with multiple cost centres including Shop Development, HQ, Shop Repairs & Maintenance, Insurance, Electricity & Gas, and Merchandising for Management Accounts
• Monthly P&L reviews and Business Opportunities & Risks of the above cost centres
• Prepare monthly VAT and Gift voucher reconciliations
• Review all UK and International cash reconciliations
• Review petty cash and shop float reconciliations
• Prepare the concession sales accrual and the loan interest accrual
• Perform detailed credit card analysis and the monthly accrual
• Perform monthly and year to date Sales reconciliation and provide commentary
Tax and VAT
• Prepare and submit the periodic VAT returns for multiple international countries and keeping abreast of any changes in local requirements
• Prepare and submit branch accounts and corporation tax returns including liaising with professional service providers to ensure submission deadlines are met
• Prepare and submit Intrastat and EC Sales lists for multiple international countries
• Review the UK EC Sales & Intrastat prior to submission
• Monitor distance selling and Intrastat thresholds and liaise with external consultants to register for VAT accordingly
As part of the Financial Accounting team your tasks will include the following areas but not limited to:
• Prepare White Stuff Company statutory accounts
• Responsible for managing and overseeing interim and year-end audit and liaising with external auditors
• Manage the forward contract revaluation gain/loss
• Work closely with the Financial Accounting Manager/Financial Controller on all areas of statutory accounts across UK and internationally, year end, audit queries, tax and VAT
Oversight of all cash and banking activities including but not limited to:
• Manage, coach and mentor the Banking & Assistant Financial Accountant
• Maintaining the Bank mandates and cash business processes
• Transactional relationship with external banks and cash couriers
• Ensure shop banking procedure documents are kept updated and are followed by the shops
• Ad hoc support on project work relating to Cash & Banking and Technical areas
• Ongoing business process improvements
• Maintain the commodity code table in NAV and liaise with external consultants to ensure codes are up to date
• Annual review of the PCI policy and update with new legislations introduced
• Work closely with the Loss Prevention manager and coordinate the internal PCI audit
What You’ll Need:
• As Financial Accountant, you will either be a finalist (ACA/ACCA) with 3-4 years industry experience or newly qualified / 1-2 years post qualified (ACA/ACCA) accountant potentially looking to step into industry
• Advanced in Excel
• Relationship building and stakeholder management – being able to develop effective relationships that builds on trust and respect, to help drive business success, particularly with non-Finance stakeholders
• Communication and influencing – being able to communicate, negotiate and influence colleagues at all levels, particularly across departments.
• Possess analytical, statistical and numeracy skills including problem solving and attention to detail.
• Ability to understand, evaluate and interpret various financial data, identifying and looking to resolve apparent inconsistencies.
• It is essential to have a high level of awareness, observation and listening skills.
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Ability to challenge the status quo.
• Determined, self-motivated and resilient – the ability to multi-task, prioritise, work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced and busy retail environment
• Quick to adapt to new situations, systems and processes
• Capacity to work flexibly sometimes at short notice in “rapid reaction” situations to support business requirements.
• JET reporting
• Navision Dynamics Finance System