Your Role: Head of Marketing
Direct Reports: Content Editor, Marketing Manager, Campaign Manager, PR Manager, International Marketing Manager
We are currently recruiting for an ambitious, innovative and commercial Head of Marketing to join our brilliant Marketing team and lead all White Stuff’s marketing activity.
Please note this position is initially a fixed term contract for 13 months.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Head of Marketing will develop a multi-channel marketing strategy that is focused on ensuring that the brand message is consistent at all consumer touch points, and to ensure financial outcomes are delivered;
• Manage, lead and invigorate all aspects of the marketing communications mix, hold responsibility for developing the annual marketing calendar, ensuring that all activities are brand relevant;
• Hold responsibility for the marketing spend, it is imperative that the strategy is commercial, true to our brand DNA and innovative, with a focus that all initiatives deliver a positive ROI and customer engagement;
• Drive all aspects of marketing including campaign, DM, social media, local store marketing initiatives, POS, PR, and product launches;
• Understand and engage with the White Stuff customer and ensure that all brand marketing activity is timely and relevant in order to retain and attract new customers with leading edge campaigns;
• Work very closely with the leadership teams within the eCommerce, CRM and Creative departments, amongst other Department Heads within the business, making sure that the brand message is consistent across all channels;
• Optimise all marketing opportunities within budget, and deliver and encourage the usage of marketing data and analysis throughout the business to help shape future campaigns;
• Develop and sustain a creative and dynamic working relationship with third parties, agencies and other suppliers, establishing partnerships;
• Develop and lead a first class Marketing Department which will drive business performance and customer engagement;
• Ensure all Media and Press activity is talked about and drives optimum performance for the brand, and delivers a constant global message across all markets and countries.
What You’ll Need:
• A highly experienced or talented emerging marketing leader, with proven experience of all elements of the marketing mix with a particular focus on campaign management and brand communications. CRM, PR and Social Media experience are highly desirable;
• Confident in leading and managing a large team, with the ability to impart information in a compelling and positively engaging manner to all key stakeholders;
• Capable of developing and implementing a coherent multi-channel brand marketing campaign strategy across all channels, which will continually underpin the brand positioning. This is a position that requires brand campaign experience for retail, direct mail, catalogue, online, mobile;
• A strong brand campaign builder, with a thorough understanding of the customer journey through all channels, with particular emphasis on devising innovative and effective customer engagement strategies and tactics, at all points of purchase, which will build brand equity and add value;
• A well-grounded, disciplined individual with excellent management and motivational skills, and taste levels, with an intuitive grasp of how to interpret a brand across all consumer touch points;
• Experience of operating in a mid-sized organisation, with the ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships across all disciplines, whilst at the same time possessing the ability to think laterally about how to execute the brand campaign strategy commercially, with both flair and creativity;
• Experience of driving customer engagement through the full marketing mix, with the ability to multitask and lead teams to create campaigns which are evocative of the brand’s DNA, and ultimately deliver positive, margin enhancing results;
• An individual who is prepared to roll up their sleeves, and be hands on in the delivery of strategy. They must be tenacious with their determination to raise the game and make a difference, and be a self-starter, highly motivated to achieve excellent customer engagement and sales results;
• Enjoys working in a social, fun, non-hierarchical and collaborative environment;
• Has an overall can do attitude and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.