WHO WE ARE
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The Business Systems Accountant role will be responsible for the design, analysis, specification and delivery of key finance improvements to enhance our capabilities and system ease of use. Working with senior business users and the technology team you will ensure all solutions are fit for purpose and delivered within agreed timescales.
The role will play an integral role in being the system SME for finance along with providing ongoing support to the finance department, and the business processes performed. You will provide finance input into design and implementation of new solutions and integrations and work closely with the technology development team to deliver solutions.
There will be significant interaction with all areas of the business that connect into Finance and there is further scope for the role as White Stuff move though a business transformation to perform a similar role across other areas of the business.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
· Strong accounting background and understanding of operational Finance processes, ideally with associated qualifications and in a Retail environment
· Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or higher (including LS Retail) or other ERP solution
· Knowledge of SQL and reporting skills - A good understanding of tables and joins and the ability to write basic queries.
· Experience of JET reporting
· Experience of financial reporting tools -Targit and Power BI
· Knowledge of retail payment reconciliation and banking processes.
· Strong MS Excel Skills
· An eye for finding process and reporting efficiencies
· Proactive problem solver with demonstrable experience of delivering process improvement
· Good communication skills, adapting to suit the audience – ability to explain technical concepts to Finance teams is key
WHO YOU ARE
· Consensus driving and highly organised. You will have the proven ability to bring together cross-functional and cross-organisational teams to work together to define the solutions, align on outcomes, agree designs, and embed effectively into delivery plans
· You are an exceptional problem solver, highly skilled at abstraction and decomposition, and driving elegant and simple solutions.
· Good communication and storytelling to convey information succinctly and concisely.
· Ability to work autonomously and self-manage workstreams and priorities.
· Ability to be adaptable to varying situations.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As a Business Systems accountant at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
· Up to 33 days holiday per annum
· 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
· 50% discount
· Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
· Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
· Interest free season ticket loan
· Pension Contribution