We are excited to be looking for a Team Leader for our Distribution Centre.
The role is covering the the late shift (2-10pm).
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
To manage the day to day core DC operations for our shops, wholesale, on line and 3rd party brand customers by working with a team of warehouse operatives to ensure operational efficiency, accuracy and outstanding quality of service
To deliver the needs of the business in a timely, cost effective manner acting as a role model for your team.
To maximise White Stuff’s distribution performance by ensuring a highly engaged team of Warehouse Operatives.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for the recruitment, induction, and retention of team members
- To lead, motivate and coach your team to develop an effective, quality driven, motivated, and fully trained team to support the physical operation.
- Promote the White Stuff company values within your team.
- Carry out regular 1:1s and annual reviews with your team members setting clear SMART objectives for your team members.
- Manage all employee relations including investigations, sickness, absence & performance management, any required disciplinary management, and wellbeing.
- Actively promote staff development and training
- Be responsible for the end to end distribution process
- Work on own initiative, be flexible, hardworking and conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Ensure correct resources to manage requirements of operation.
- Monitor / manage team KPIs.
- Ensure all productivity and quality issues are managed and documented with appropriate actions taken.
- Roll out any new operational policies and procedures in line with White Stuff best practice.
- Have the ability to use forecasting tools and data for day to day and forward planning.
- Complete adhoc project work / reporting as required.
- Respond to and resolve issues both timely and accurately.
- To promote an effective Health and Safety culture and to ensure a safe and healthy working environment is maintained.
- To ensure warehouse is kept organised, clean and tidy at all times.
- Control and manage stock integrity and accuracy on site.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Attend and participate in all relevant site meetings.
- Perform daily pre shift briefs.
- Attend and participate in meetings at Head Office as necessary
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Previous Team Leader experience is essential.
- Previous warehouse / distribution experience is desirable - Retail/hospitality also considered.
- Excellent organisational , planning and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good literacy / numerical / analytical skills.
- Good computer skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems.
- An understanding of Health and Safety regulations to promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Honesty and reliability.
- A willingness and ability to work on a flexible basis across any shift.
- Team building skills.
- A positive can do approach.
- Diplomatic and approachable.
- To lead by example.
- Professional at all times.
- Full driving license is preferred.
- A good understanding of process improvement and systems would be excellent.
WHAT WE’LL OFFER YOU
As a Team Leader at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Shift Allowance for late shift working.
- Annual bonus opportunity.
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum.
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community.
- 50% discount.
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance.
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance.
- Interest free season ticket loan.
- Pension Contribution.
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.